Objectives of the Vada GCCBA, the Drug Awareness Society of the college are as follows:
- To educate parents or other care givers, teachers, coaches, health professionals, and business and community leaders to help youth reject illegal drugs and underage alcohol and tobacco use.
- To pursue a vigorous public communications through college website and social media program dealing with the dangers of drug, alcohol, and tobacco use by youth.
- To promote zero tolerance policies for youth regarding the use of illegal drugs, alcohol, and tobacco within the family, school, college, workplace, and community.
- To support parents and adult mentors in encouraging youth to engage in positive, healthy lifestyles and modeling behavior to be emulated by young people.
- To encourage and assist the development of community coalitions and programs in preventing drug abuse and underage alcohol and tobacco use.
- To create a partnership with the media, entertainment industry, and professional sports organizations to avoid the glamorization of illegal drugs and the use of alcohol and tobacco by youth.
- To develop and implement a set of principles upon which prevention programming can be based.